Always on target - gadgets and devices that will work well when travelling by car
Travelling by car has many advantages. The first place can be given to convenience and independence from timetables and public transport, but there are also some drawbacks that can be minimized with the right equipment and gadgets.
Car travel restrictions can be minimised
A long trip, a long route and many hours spent behind the wheel - this is the reality of travelling by car. Some people are not so fond of driving for hours that they look for alternative means of transport, which sometimes involves inconvenience, changes and much longer journeys.
The biggest disadvantages of travelling by car on longer routes are:
- Exhaustion - a journey lasting several hours is very tiring, so you shouldn't drive for several hours without a break, but stop every now and then for a stopover, coffee, a meal and rest. The overall driving time will be slightly longer, but we will not be tired and distracted behind the wheel, which will translate into safety and comfort.
- The risk of getting lost - even moving along a well known route can result in getting lost when you hit roadworks and detours. When we are going to go a long way and we are going to take unknown routes, it is definitely worth having a road map and car navigation.
- Risk of failure or collision - unfortunately, these are not isolated cases, but you can minimize the risk in some way. A failure can happen to anyone, but if we take care to inspect key components in the car and repair minor faults, this risk will be much less. The collision is all the more impossible to predict or prevent, because it is not only dependent on us, but also on other participants. What you can do is drive carefully, keep an adequate distance from other cars and don't distract yourself while driving.
- Boredom - a journey lasting many hours, especially alone, can be boring, and boredom is not compensated for by even nice views. To make sure it's varied, it's worth having a car radio.
- Risk of getting stuck in traffic jams for a long time - congestion even occurs on motorways. They are a consequence of accidents and collisions or very heavy traffic. To avoid them, it is worthwhile to travel outside rush hours and consider buying a CB radio. The CB radio will make it possible to communicate with other drivers and obtain information about the situation on the road. The CB radio will not only make it easier to avoid traffic jams, but will also make it possible to ask for directions, shortcuts and detours, and even where the speed controls are currently located. https://www.morele.net/rtv/nawigacja-gps-i-cb-radia/cb-radia-544/
Car navigation - useful equipment worth having in your car
Paper maps and road atlases can be useful - electronic navigation or a navigation application can fail, and then it is paper maps that are most useful, but it is much more convenient to use car navigation on a daily basis.
Although the navigation option can be run on most smartphones, you should still consider buying a good GPS navigation for your car. The smartphone has a weaker battery, a smaller screen and, in many cases, uses Internet transfer to navigate. GPS navigation devices are a good choice if you want to be independent from your smartphone and can afford the extra expense.
When choosing a car navigation system, it is worthwhile to pay attention to its parameters. The device should be equipped with current maps of the area we are going to move on. It is also worth noting the screen itself - its diagonal, resolution and brightness. It is a good idea to choose a navigation system with a sun visor that will reduce glare on the screen. If you are not sure whether it is worthwhile to reach for your car navigation or whether it is better to choose the navigation on your phone, it is worth having a look at this guide: https://www.morele.net/wiadomosc/jak-wybrac-nawigacje-gps-do-samochodu-polecane-modele/433/. You will find key information on how to choose your navigation, as well as some recommended models that you should consider when buying.